Brighten up your classroom with these rainbow-coloured days of the week flashcards!
ESL kindergarten class often starts with routine questions like “What day is it today?” and “How’s the weather?” These colourful cards are perfect for practicing the days of the week first thing in the morning. Young learners will like the bold lettering and simple design.
If you’re going to use these cards in a question routine every day, print the large or medium sized coloured card set onto heavy stock paper. Laminating will make them even more durable. These cards also make nice wall posters.
Ideas for Using Days of the Week Flashcards in ESL Kindergarten Class
- Sing your favourite version of a Days of the Week song while pointing to the corresponding cards on the wall.
- Give out one card to each of seven students. Ask them to line up in order of the days of the week.
- Ask your students what day it is. Take the corresponding card from the wall, point to it, or hold it up. Practice saying the letters in the word together as a class.
- After your Days of the Week routine becomes familiar to the class, pick a different student each day to help you point or hold up the day’s card while the rest of the class sings a song such as “Today is Monday, Monday, Monday… Let’s sing about Monday, Monday, Monday…”
- For a colouring activity, print the “Word Cards” Days of the Week set. These cards are black and white using an outline font which allows students to colour the letters and become familiar with spelling.
- Hint: Every student can have their own personal set of Days of the Week cards. The small size set and the word cards set have all seven days on one single page. Ambitious teachers can practice scissor work, too 🙂
Set of 7 Cards: